New CCBC login security measures
Beginning May 11, 2021, when you login to SIMON, you will see a new login screen. Once you enter your current user ID and password, you’ll be asked to:
- Create a stronger password if your current password does not meet certain criteria. Passwords must meet the Password Complexity Requirements outlined below.
- Set up a series of security questions.
- Provide a personal email and/or phone number to use for future sign-in verification. You can also set up Google Authenticator for this purpose.
These measures mean you’ll need a few extra minutes the first time you login to SIMON on or after May 11.
May 13, 2021: Students accessing Brightspace will login through the new Verify sign-in portal. Students who have not setup their password recovery or MFA options will be prompted to complete these steps before accessing Brightspace.
June 8, 2011: All passwords OLDER than 180 days will expire and users will be locked out of all systems until they create a new password. In order to reduce issues with accessing tools such as SIMON, Email, Office 365, Banner or Brightspace, it is recommended that all users change their passwords when they set up their new password recovery and MFA options.
You can find more information below about setting up your password recovery methods, setting up your Multi-factor authentication options, and recovering a forgotten password or username.
Step by Step Instructions
Find Instructions for setting up your password recovery and MFA options for clicking on this following link: Setting Up Password Recovery and MFA Options
Informational videos can be accessed by clicking on the following links:
Need to reset your password, setup password recovery or Multi-Factor Authentication Options?
Go to https://verify.ccbcmd.edu to setup your password recovery or Multi-Factor Authentication options or reset your password.
May 11, 2021: New Password Recovery and Multi-Factor Authentication Requirements
May 13, 2021: Users will access Brightspace through the new Verify sign-in portal.
June 8, 2021: Password Expiration Requirements
**Now is the time to change your password when setting up your new password recovery and MFA options to avoid being locked out on June 8.**
Password Complexity Requirements
• Password Length: Be a minimum of 10 characters
• Password Complexity: Includes both upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters
• Password Reuse: Can’t be a password that was used in the last 10 passwords
• Password Age: Be a minimum of 7 days