CCBC currently has 212 Simulcast Capable classrooms. A Simulcast Capable classroom at CCBC is defined as an instructional space that includes:
- a touch screen computer,
- microphone, and
- room speakers.
Faculty who plan to use a simulcast method for synchronous broadcast to students off campus will need to utilize one of these spaces. You can find a a complete list of rooms on SharePoint by clicking the following link: List of Simulcast Capable Rooms.
The following links will take you to more information on the existing technology capabilities within the classroom.
Faculty are responsible for setting up their own simulcast sessions and sharing the links with students. Faculty should utilize the Meeting Options to set who can present and share screens. It is recommended that the faculty member is set as the only person who can present.
The following links provide short videos and information on how to manage meetings in Teams.
The video below goes into more detail on setting up a meeting, starting the meeting, checking your audio/video settings and sharing your screen.
Meeting with Students in Teams
Review the following links for additional information on how to utilize Teams to share information.
Recording capabilities are available within Microsoft Teams. These recordings are stored in Microsoft Stream and accessible to anyone who attended the class session using their CCBC email address. Faculty are responsible for managing class recordings and who has access to them. All simulcast recordings should be deleted at the end of the semester (or once the course has completed).
If you plan on recording your sessions, you will need to inform the students in advance. Faculty should speak with their department chair or school Dean to receive the messaging that should be sent to students.
The following links provide more information on recording meetings and sharing recordings from Microsoft Teams:
The video below shares more information on how to record a session in Teams.
Recording a Session in Teams
Here are some additional resources for simulcasting:
CCBC Recorded Trainings
Audio Troubleshooting - Software Volume
1. Verify that all volume options are unmuted, and volume is turned up.
- Check PC Volume in System Tray
- Right click on the volume icon in the system tray,
- Open the volume mixer
- Verify audio is registering when video is playing
2. Check Pixie/Crestron Volume
- Pixie Volume
- Crestron Volume
3. Check specific software volume or video player volume.
Audio Troubleshooting - Audio Cable
1. Verify audio cable in the wall plate is plugged in
- Wall plate – Analog Room
- Wall Plate – Digital Room
- Audio Out on the PC – Analog Room
Video Troubleshooting - Video Controls
1. Verify the projector is on. The projector button will be lit with a blue light when turned on.
2. Verify the correct input is set using the Pixie wall control/Crestron panel. The pixie wall control will be blue when connected to the projector.
- Pixie Wall Control
- Crestron Control
Video Troubleshooting - Video Cable
1. Verify the video cable is securely plugged in
- Wall plate – Analog Room
- Wall Plate – Digital Room (AV Video should be plugged in)
- Video cable on the PC
Internet Troubleshooting - Internet Cable
1. Verify the ethernet cable is plugged securely into:
- A/V Wall plate – Digital Room
- Back of the PC